Find Answers to Frequently Asked Questions
|Frequently Asked Questions Arrow Sheds|
Why should I purchase a metal storage building?
Metal storage buildings are the most economical form of storage
compared to wood, plastic, and monthly rent.
What tools do I need to assemble the building?
A #2 Phillips screwdriver, a pair of pliers, work gloves, and a
stepladder. However, a magnetic tip cordless screwdriver will speed up
assembly time by 40%. Two people are also recommended. Do not
assemble the building on a windy day.
What kind of foundation do I use?
The key to a successful installation is to make sure the building is
assembled on a square and level surface. You have three choices -
pour a concrete slab, build a wood deck/floor, or use an Arrow Floor
Frame Foundation Kit which assembles in minutes and provides a floor
frame suitable for a plywood floor finish (finishing materials not
Do I need to anchor my building?
Yes! Your storage building must be anchored to prevent possible wind
damage. Arrow offers a ground anchor kit, (AK4), which has 4 heavy-
duty ground augers, cable, and clamps. Also available is an AK100
concrete anchor kit and the AK600 is perfect for smaller and sloped
roof style Arrow buildings.
Are the instructions easy to follow?
Each part is identified with a factory number. The instructions contain
a drawing and an assembly illustration of each step. Read the manual
Call 1-800-851-1085 ext. 1 if a part is missing or damaged. It is
very helpful to completely unpack the shipping carton and lay out all
the parts for easy identification
Are all supplies and parts included in the carton?
Everything is packed in the box except three (3) elements:
1. The necessary tools to assemble the building
2. A floor which provides the consumer with a choice for the type of
3. And an anchor kit.
Can the building be painted?
The buildings can be painted with an exterior grade paint designed for use on metal.
What is meant by nominal size?
Nominal size is the roof edge dimensions rounded to the nearest foot.
Always check the interior dimensions and recommended foundation
size as these are smaller than the nominal size.
How long will it take to assemble the building?
There are too many variables which make it difficult to calculate the
amount of time needed to assemble the building. However, you should
plan to devote a full day with another person as a helper to assemble
the building after you have selected and constructed the foundation.
Arrow Vinyl - Vinyl Plastisol Coating
• Vinyl coated galvanized steel
• Paint is five times thicker than standard steel finishes
• Vinyl is applied over a full coat of primer
• Resists scratches and fading
• Flexible coating minimizes paint fracturing
• Grained finish increases resistance to wear and abrasion
• Mid-wall brace and hot-dipped galvanized frame parts
• 15 year limited warranty
• Full mid-wall bracing
• 100% galvanized steel
• Deep-Track doors on large glides for a non-stick,
• Double baked-on polyester enamel finish
• 12 year limited warranty
• Heavy duty, hot-dipped galvanized steel frame parts
• The look of wood, maintenance free!
• Baked-on enamel finish
• Roof, wall panels and doors are made of sturdy galvanized steel
• Hot-dipped galvanized steel frame parts
• Mid-wall brace for greater all-around strength
• Deep-track door glides for non-stick, smooth-sliding
• Backed by a 12-year limited warranty
(Glenwood model only)
• Tongue & groove pine wood siding
• Ready to stain (for added beauty & durability)
• Select grade, lodge pole pine is kiln dried to prevent warping & shrinkage
• Stain should be high quality solid or clear (Apply after building is assembled)